Saturday, March 26, 2011

5 Days Away I Replenished In a Different Way

Today, I woke up to a busy day. I had rehearsal for another project and then I just planned to rest. However, I indulged in my every other Saturday morning ritual. I always like to call home and check in with my brother on the weekends he has the twins. He is a truly a loving Dad, he engages his children to think and ask question. I love the ease of their relationship and enjoy listening to their talks.  They are always preparing for a great adventure.

I was so happy to hear they were coming into the city after their dance class. They were going to the Museum of Natural History. It sounded so exciting and you know what, my little girl wanted to play.  I remember Saturdays when I was kid. It was chock full of activities, bowling, dance, shopping, and family visits and day trips. I just thought I would invite myself and tag along for the experience. I even decided to call my God-daughter and she brought her girlfriend and we made an afternoon of it.

Dinosaurs, birds, big horned sheep, wolverines, boars, flying things, creepy things and crawling things. I think we all fell in love with the discovery and the excitement of not knowing.  I think that was the best thing we got rid of all expectation and that made it special. I  was in awe of God and his creation. There are so many details in life that we often miss because we don't think that they are important enough to exist.  They do exist and for a reason.  Watching the world through the eyes of these glowing children my faith in their future and mine was redeemed.  What a way to spend my day! Five days away from the play and it was their laughter, their innocence, their curiosity, their energy that replenished me and I had the such a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment