Thursday, March 24, 2011

7 Days AWAY UNTIL THE PLAY AND NOW IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME!

This morning I breathed in something sweet. I was strolling tall, feet planted firmly as I strutted down the street  reciting the lines from my monologue. This time I had a different swag with a rhythmic switch  because. I was genuinely happy. For the very first time I felt myself flirting with me. Wow, I'm actually making the connection, "to be in a play you actually have to play." I was smiling. I was that little girl all over again who played pretend in her room, who used her dresser for the check-out counter at the department store. The little girl who used  Kleenex tissue and tape for diapers for her baby doll.  The little girl who slept in the comfort of her own room, in a queen size canopy bed,  on a silky pink, peach with hints of lime green embroidered bedspread with a million butterflies flying over top of me. I was always flying high and feeling good.

And I could I dream. I dreamed of everything; there was no one I couldn't be and every time I thought I couldn't I had whole  parents and a big brother to guide me and to instill confidence in me. I knew God was real then and that all I had were gifts from him.  So you see there was a time I really LIKED ME! I really LOVED ME! And I knew I was capable of LOVING, GIVING., and LIKING ME!  It's all coming back to me. I know love I've touched it and tasted it and you know  I felt it, I live because of it. I'm HERE. So thank you God for entrusting my parents with me and my gifts. They did tell me all the time and maybe God I just stopped listening. Yeah, I did.   In so many words this is what my parents have always said and still say until this day,  " ERIKA YOU CAN, YOU ARE ALLOWED, BECOME YOUR DREAMS."  Thank you God....and now it's all coming back to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment